Header Ads Widget

I received my second Moderna dose on Tuesday last week


 

So I just wanna drop some information to everyone, about something I wasnt aware of when I got my vaccine. 


So today I just got cleared to leave the hospital as I have been admitted since Thursday night.


I received my second dose on Tuesday last week, Thursday night 3 days later when going to bed I started having chest pain which I believed to be heart burn, after about 2.5 hours of this discomfort it worsened and Jessica took me to emergency. Here they immediately took an EKG and blood. my troponin levels were sky high, indication of heart trauma, (I have never had heart trauma before and am on no daily medications) 


They monitored me overnight and I was then sent to Antigonish where I have been until now and they did further testing cardiac echo etc. 

so my troponin levels spiked as high as 6.7, normal levels are 0.02. Crazy high

After seeing 3 doctors, and referrals with numerous cardiologists and discussions with the cardiology unit at the QE2. They have come to a 100% determination that this was all due to my second dose of covid vaccine (moderna). I was diagnosed as having Myocarditis and Pericarditis which is inflammation of the heart muscles and the sac around the heart. 

They claim this is a rare side effect of the vaccine but there were multiple other young healthy guys this targeted and ended up admitting them while I was in hospital as well, we don’t live in a large area and neither is Antigonish so I would hardly say this is a rare occurance. These conditions are known so far to arise most likely in males ages 18-30.

Knowing what I know now I can’t say getting the vaccine was the right thing for me where now I have put trauma on my heart and am out of commission for the next 2 months only allowed small walks. Hopefully this all goes back to normal and I can return to a career that I love by end of September. 

I got the vaccine because I have a young child at home and a fiancé that has a compromised immune system from medication for arthritis as well as a brother who is immune compromised so it seemed like the sensible thing to do. But knowing what I know now I would’ve taken my chances with covid.


I am by no way saying don’t get the vaccine, but make an informed decision and be aware of the risks. And if you fet get vaccinated and experience and chest pain at all please go to the hospital. I wasn’t as informed as I am now and look where it got me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments